One of the most common questions we receive when it comes to our services is about the pros and cons of selling at auction versus selling privately. The question really is not “why auction your property, but more like “when auction your property”. Below is our top 10 list of reasons you should sell your property at auction.
Why Auction Your Property
Top 10 reasons to sell property at an auction
We are a full service auction company with expertise across the board when it comes to types of properties and items we have auctioned in the past. Farm land and parcel sales are very popular and a specialty of ours. Being in a semi-rural area that has been growing and having large tracts of land developed, we have a great deal of practice in selling land at auction.
Homeowners also need to sell their homes, and auctions are a great way to do it. Whether it is a family who is moving and wants to sell quickly or a creditor that has foreclosed, homes are perfect for auctions because they are guaranteed to sell in 30 days and close in 30 more. This certainly beats sitting on a home a year or more waiting for it to sell.
Commercial property is also very popular for auctions. If you have a successful business and are ready to move on or retire, “why auction your property”…because who wants to delay retiring? In addition to selling your commercial property, including the contents and inventory, we have proven marketing plans to bring in the most buyers so that your property is hotly contested and you get a great price.
Equipment, cars, motorcycles, and other types of property are also popular at auctions. Over the years, we have had the opportunity to do it all. Guns, ammo, and knives are items that bring huge crowds. Collectibles such as coins, baseball cards, etc can also bring the right crowd using our marketing methods. Furniture, appliances, and tools bring out people who are looking for great deals. Because of the competitive nature, they spend more for your items than you could get selling them one at a time and they still get a better deal than if they were to look in the paper or online for months.
We also handle estate sales when loved ones pass away. This is an extremely tough time for the family and worrying about what to do with all the stuff is something many people do not have the time to do. Selling estates at auction is another area we are proud to be able to help our clients with. We are able to sell your family estate quickly and bring you more money than you would think. This helps bring closure to a very unpleasant time in your life.
Selling can be stressful. Oftentimes this is made even worse because the reasons for selling come as a result of stressful times in life. Homes can take months to sell, depending on the market. Have you ever planned a yard sale only to have it rained out? When you finally do have one, you spend all day haggling with buyers over insultingly low offers. At the end of the day, half of your items don’t sell and you have to carry it all back inside to try again later or spend long hours listing on eBay or Craigslist. Don’t add this extra time, work, or stress to your life. Contact RE/MAX Group Auctioneers and let us take care of it for you.
Why auction your property? Here are our top 10 reasons to sell your property at auction in list format.
- You get to set the date of your sale. This means you don’t have to wait months to sell. Most auctions occur within 30 days of your decision to sell.
- We work with and for you. We catalog and organize your items to help bring the most money for them. Some items are best when sold together and some are best when sold on their own. Take advantage of our years of auction experience to make sure you get the most money on your auction day.
- Haggle and hassle free. You don’t have to worry about the back and forth with buyers. Items sell at the best possible price. You have other buyers actually driving prices up. Once they bid, there is no going back in price…only up!
- Qualified and motivated buyers. Many auction buyers travel in excess of one hour to bid on items they have seen advertised at your auction. They don’t come to play, they come to buy! Real estate auction buyers all must come prepared with bank qualifications and a deposit.
- Extensive marketing. We can reach thousands of buyers for your property with our extensive marketing network and plans. This brings buyers in from near and far to buy.
- You get top dollar. Competitive auctions raise prices across the board because buyers are excited to buy. They often times pay more than market value in order to win. Auctions are great during good and bad economic times.
- Exciting atmosphere. The excitement of a fast moving auction is contagious and helps drive your selling prices higher.
- All sales are final. You know in a day or two after the auction of your final sale amount and how much you will receive from the successful sale of your property.
- Fast cash for you. Most personal property auctions settle with a few weeks of the sale. Land and real estate auctions generally settle within 30 days of the auction.
- Closure for you. Whatever the reason for the auction, once completed, there is no cleanup for you. Property is removed the day of unless you arrange otherwise